Our fourth time in the area, and this time actually made it to the trailhead an hour earlier than two previous times. Mostly sunny afternoon with low clouds in the…
This finally happened after several canceled ice climbs over the past two years.
After waiting for weeks, we finally got a good weather window to get up this peak.
The area around Steamboat Rock was surprisingly busy this time compared with a year ago.
Weather was cloudy when the pups and I arrived at the trailhead, even though forecast called for mostly sunny.
Due to considerable to high avalanche danger in last couple of months, I put off my New Year’s Day Granite Mountain hiking tradition until now.
My ice climbing trip on Chair Peak had been canceled at the last minute due to avalanche concerns.
All photos from this trip can be found here. Inspired by Loren’s trip report from January and in search of a new place to visit in Central Washington, I decided…